If you didn’t already see this coming, this list will obviously revolve around what I learned in April. Just keep in mind that April this year can more accurately be labeled Kapril (remember?).
- I learned a new word: podgy. Kate called Prince George podgy during a walkabout (more on that later) in New Zealand, which I now know means pudgy.
- Live feeds are the best when it comes to Royal Tours. I haven’t really come out and said it yet, but I spent much of the Royal Tour watching live feeds…you know, William, Kate and George walking out of the plane, getting out of a car, feeding giraffes at the zoo, and so on and so forth.
- Bilbies are a real thing, and in my mind, they’re sort of like a mix between a rat and a rabbit, with the ears of a hare. They’re also marsupials and they’re endangered – only about 600 to 700 of them currently live in the wild in Australia. Oh, and this is related to Kapril because Prince George met a bilby on his visit to the zoo on Easter.
- I also figured out that a walkabout basically means walking around while waving and shaking hands with adoring fans. This what the Royal Tour primarily consisted of. I also watched live feeds of some walkabouts.
- And in non-Royal Tour related news, the TSA is no longer checking up on liquids in carry-ons. At least not in Denver.
- Flying in the middle of June is ex.pen.sive. We’re planning a trip to Chicago with my family, and the prices doubled (and then some) from the first weekend in June to the third weekend in June.
- Almost everyone I know has been to London or Paris or both. Now that it’s official, it seems like everywhere I go I find someone else who has tips/memories/advice from their time across the Pond. Which I love. The more information I can get, the better I can figure out how to best
scale the walls of Kensington Palacemake the most of our time.
Well, our hour-long flight delay is almost over. Time to make a final bathroom run and get excited, because Boise (more like Chris, Emily, Hendon, and Jeb!), here we come!