It’s (past) that time again. March was a nice month but I am so thankful to welcome spring now. Here’s a couple of things I learned in March, plus some pictures I found hanging out on my camera…
- I figured out where the Maldives are (Thank you Will and Kate for going on a holiday that attracted a lot of attention -including mine – and led me to expand my knowledge of world geography.)
- I can’t do green milk. On St. Patrick’s Day we added green food coloring to Danny’s cereal. He wanted me to try it (even though I had the same cereal, sans food coloring), and call me picky, but I just couldn’t.
- I am not as good at computer things as I once thought. This whole ‘using-a-Mac-as-my-primary-computer’ thing is really throwing me off. I haven’t figured out how to put pictures from my camera to the computer, but I can put them straight from the camera to the blog, so that’s something. And because I know y’all have been wondering, I still can’t scroll up and down very well. I would say that one out of ten tries is successful.
- The Air Force Academy Chapel is so beautiful. I mean, I can see it from every window of our apartment, but still. Every time I go inside I just want to drop to my knees.
- After a couple of very busy weeks and weekends in a row, we took a Sunday off to stay home and do very little beyond reading and resting. I have since figured out that this is my idea of a really fantastic day.
- Having your mom come visit is the best ever. It’s one thing to go visit your parents, but it’s another to have them come and be a part of your life. It’s just really special and I love it a lot. Especially when giraffes are involved.
- I need to back up my stuff. My computer stuff. All the time. And I will never, ever regret doing so because it will be worth it…because as I learned for the second time in nine months, computers fail.
- Shark shorts make people do silly things. Enough said.
- Taxes aren’t as bad as they sound. Especially if you don’t have to do them yourself (thanks, Danny!), and you don’t owe the government any money.
- Danny is a Bananagrams champ. I mean, look at those words! He always acts like he doesn’t like Bananagrams, says he never wins when he does play, blah blah blah. But seriously, quintuplet? Adroit? Since when is that even a word?
- My trip was half in February, half in March, so I can still say it: Mexico isn’t as scary as some people like to make it seem. Remember that quick weekend jaunt to Chihuahua I took with my co-worker? I never felt unsafe and I really enjoyed seeing a new place. Which leads me to…
- If I’m given an opportunity to travel, I’m going to take it. Not always will you be able to go somewhere for three days for under $10 (which is how my trip to Mexico turned out), but nonetheless, I don’t think I’ve ever regretted traveling, whether to another country for a couple of months (hello, China) or to a town 25 minutes down the highway from us (that’s you, Castle Rock).
Thanks, March, for the good times. Hello there, April, with your pretty weather mixed with random snow storms. You can stay as long as you like.