13. Libraries have been a part of my life from a young age. And I’m so thankful for that. I’m not a big book buyer, but I am a big book reader. I’m grateful for a place where we can borrow books (and CDs and DVDs, among other things), and after a couple of days or weeks or months, bring them back- and all for free, too!
14. Something I really take for granted is our washer and dryer. What a gift it is to be able to put a heap of dirty clothes (or towels or sheets) in the washer, from the convenience of our apartment, and twenty minutes later, have clean clothes. And until the day when we can get a clothes line/space for air drying clothes, I’m grateful for our dryer and the warm, dry clothes it gives us.
15. I am thankful for documentaries. I love learning, and reading books is my main avenue of doing so, however, sometimes it’s nice to put the book(s) down and watch a movie. Some of our favorites: Forks over Knives, Food Matters, Bag It, and Food Inc.
16. My camera isn’t fancy or top of the line, but I love it. It does what I need it to, which is capture memories, whether it’s the food we ate for dinner last night or our trip to the zoo. I’m so thankful to have it and be able to enjoy the past through the pictures it has taken.
17. We’ve had a really, really hard time finding a church in Colorado Springs. However, sometimes when I take a step back, I realize that this, in a weird way, is something to be grateful for. We live in a country where there is an abundance of churches, and a variety of beliefs, styles, and preferences to choose from. There are literally hundreds of churches within the town we live in, and we get to pick which one we are (or are not) a part of – that is that not a luxury that most people around the world do not have.
18. Although I haven’t been to many, I’m thankful for vegan restaurants. Danny and I ate at our first vegan restaurant yesterday, and had so much fun looking and the menu and thinking, “We can order whatever we want! It’s all vegan!” We’re thankful for like-minded people who run and patronize such establishments, and look forward to trying out and supporting more in the future.
19. I’m thankful for the Mormon missionaries who knocked on our door this past March, and ever since then, have become good friends of ours. We may have very different beliefs, but we do enjoy laughing, homemade food, and more importantly, Kate Middleton.