It’s that time again. Time for random life updates. And this time there are SO many.
- I HAVE A JOB!! It has been a long time coming, but I am finally employed. I started this past Monday at the East Library, and while it’s very different from I was expecting, I’ve been learning a lot and I love being with the books. The only problem is that it makes me want to not work and just read all day long. I probably won’t do that, though, don’t worry. Because we know that if I have spare time at home, I end up on the floor with the computer, not curled up with a book on the couch.
- I am still sleeping through the night. Y’all. This is the best news of not only the past month, but of my entire life.
- Last weekend, among other things, we celebrated Danny’s birthday with my family at the Downtown Aquarium (in Denver). More to come on that, but for now…
- I might have mentioned this before but there is some construction going on on I-25 right now. I-25 as in our main roadway to go anywhere aside from our local Loaf-n-Jug. And until two days ago, the construction just so happened to have shut down our way onto and off of the highway. Which is rather inconvenient if you are used to using it between one and thirty-two times a day. I have been able to use the fine roadway in the past two days, and was finally able to see why they needed to shut down our access to the highway: they were putting in two roundabouts. Roundabouts have their merits, but I personally think it is a very interesting choice for entering/exiting a major highway. AKA I’m not a huge fan.
- I feel like it’s important to give some kind of moving update since all of the kind people who read last month’s post have been asking me things like “WHEN?” and “WHERE?” and “WHY?” Well, here’s the thing. I don’t really have any news. Except now it’s more like, maybe we’re not moving. Potential false alarm. So that’s something.
- This past Sunday, D and I went to the zoo with our beloved zoo membership (thanks again, Keith + Susie!). Except this time was extra awesome. #1: The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. #2: There were some big cat demos going on. For example, we got to see some keepers bribe a tiger to swim in his pond and jump on a barrel while in said pond. Unusual, but cool. #3: We bought, colored, and assembled animal masks from the dollar store and took (too many) photos with them throughout the zoo. Evidence…
^^ Esther with an elephant (getting its feet cleaned). ^^
^^ Esther with some trees. ^^
^^ Esther and Lester together. ^^
- A couple of weeks ago, we spent a weekend in Greeley because Danny was in the wedding of our friends Tom and Tasha. I don’t know if you’ve used Pinterest before, but if you have, you will understand what I mean when I say that their wedding was Pinterest. Everything about it leapt from the internet home of Pinterest and into the warehouse where their wedding was held. So unreal.
- I am getting excited for Thanksgiving because of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- September was especially soggy for us, and now October has just been bipolar (for example, last week we went swimming in our apartment complex’s outdoor pool, and two days later is snowed). But back to September. The rain was crazy. So many people, families, and towns have just been devastated by the rain. We weren’t hit as hard as other parts of Colorado, and we’re so thankful for that. After the rains had died down, we took a walk on the nature path next to our house, and were surprised at what we found. A preview…
^^ The land here was completely washed away, taking the water from the pond (which is located to the left) with it. I think it goes without saying that now taking the path requires fording the stream or turning around and going back where you came from.
- We discovered that Which Wich (a sandwich shop) is fantastic. In fact, we can BOTH get full off of a 7″ sub, which is more than usually needed to fill me up, but definitely not for D. So what I’m saying is that they really pack these guys full – enough to fill up a hungry guy.
- Bass Pro Shops (conveniently located across the street from us) is opening on November 14. That is one month and 2 days, y’all. Now, some people can’t figure out why I’m excited about this, especially since I’m vegan, but this is just something I can’t explain. Progress. It signifies progress. And that is why I’m pumped. Also it will have bowling. So that’s cool too. And it just might be one of the reasons why I don’t want to move because BASS PRO SHOPS ACROSS THE STREET.
- This past weekend was my grandparents’ 50th anniversary. Wahoo! We went on an AMAZING trip to Alaska this past summer to commemorate the occasion, but their actual anniversary was this past Saturday, so we gathered at The White Fence Farm with a collection of family members and ate food (okay, so some of us only ate corn fritters, but don’t judge. They’re food too) and petted animals (primarily goats, sheep, and cows) and made speeches (only two people did that, but it’s worth mentioning because they were great).
- Based on my history, any post of this type wouldn’t be complete without some mention of Kate Middleton. So here is what you need to know for this month: Prince William + Kate + Prince George recently moved into their new apartment. And by apartment I mean a palace with four floors, an elevator, two master bedrooms (although they are going to share one), and various other things, including a room especially for luggage. If that is what apartments are like in England, then we’ll be on the next flight over because that sounds pretty good to me.
- Danny’s 24th birthday is Monday so this weekend is going to be full of goodness of all kinds. Get ready for more of my favorite fella coming soon to this space, as it is time to celebrate him and his life!