I’m sure you’ve all been counting down the days until my next “lately” post, in which I gather random tidbits about our life in the past four weeks into one place. If you have, here it is, and if you haven’t, well you’re in luck! This one has legitimate and interesting news in it…
- The most significant thing I have to tell you today is that Danny used a pumice stone on his stomach today. Apparently it was really painful, because the rest of the morning he was telling me how much his tummy hurt and how he may need to stay home from work to recover. Remember the company picnic and the temporary tattoos and all that good stuff? I ended up with tattoos all over my body, but Danny accumulated them all in one area (besides the BEST FRIENDS tattoo on his wrist) – his stomach. A herd of 8 or 9 butterflies, in fact, have occupied his stomach since the company picnic. They were so pretty and artistic and just really nice. I guess he had enough of them though, since he took the pumice stone to them in the shower today. The good/bad news is, it worked!
- We’re moving. I know. Saddest thing I have heard in a long time. I love this place to no end and although I want to tell you more (like when and why and where), I can’t go on. The tears, the tears.
- Kate Middleton went to McDonald’s a few days ago. That fact alone makes me want to stop being vegan. But then I read some more and found out she was just using the restroom. What a relief.
- We are really loving our new church. We’re getting to know people, joining a small group, and feeling loved and known. On top of that, we’ve heard the Gospel proclaimed every week. I’m just not sure if it gets any better than this…!!!
- It has been rainy and overcast and oh so cool the past three days. In other words, three of my best days, all in a row. Also, I’m pretty sure Colorado Springs is at its prettiest when the clouds are low and everything is gray – I mean it.
- All I can think about (besides the first five bullet points) is pumpkin spice lattes. I’ve never had one, and don’t really intend to ever have one, but all of a sudden, Facebook and Pinterest are just blowing up with #psl (pumpkin spice latte), and since I spend a fair amount of time on those two sites, I’ve just got #psl on the brain.
- I have figured out how to make tasty juice with my juicer. My current favorite: 2 apples, 2 stalks of celery, 2 carrots, and 2 leaves of kale. Even D will drink it, so I know I’ve succeeded.
- And, for some of the very best news I’ve heard in a while: I’ve just upgraded the space allotment on my blog! You know what that means…I can finally catch up on Alaska posts! Pictures galore, coming soon! That being said, without further ado, I present updates that contain photos!
- Last week we celebrated the three year anniversary of my grandma’s kidney transplant. My mom donated one of her kidneys to her mom, so we always celebrate together on the anniversary of “the harvest.”
- Mysteridge has moved out! Just like I did during my second year of college, he’s found a place to live with some friends, and is really enjoying it – or so we think, since he hasn’t been heard from since. I did manage to get a tour of the place the last time we were in Greeley, and Mysteridge was kind enough to pose for this photo…
- Dog came to visit! She’s a champ, driving down here in Kanye (her car) for just a few hours. We had just enough time for the zoo and a stroll around the Broadmoor, and we had a delightful time. As evidenced by this pic of her feeding the giraffes…
- I know it’s been mentioned a couple of times already, but let’s talk more about that company picnic we went to last weekend. A good time was had by all (especially by the woman who won the Southwest Airlines gift card…I’m still kind of bitter that D didn’t win that one…), and aside from the private fireworks show and the tattoo table, there was an incredible vegetarian spread. As in, a whole table for vegetarians only. I was very impressed at the company’s thoughtfulness towards us non-meat eaters, and my stomach was grateful too. Some of the other highlights included going in the dug out, going on top of the dug out, and getting in trouble for going on the dug out. As well as meeting Sox the Fox and seeing him unexpectedly pick Danny up.
Well, those are the highlights for now. Thanks for reading, and get ready for lots of new posts (pictures, pictures, pictures)!