So…I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for quite some time again. Boo. Turns out WordPress (the site I use for this blog) has space limitations, and I have met them. Which means I can’t add anymore pictures…which means what’s the point of blogging? Until our budget finds a place for a space upgrade, I’ll be keeping busy with other endeavors. (I did go back and delete a photo or two and that’s why there’s one picture in this post. Because what kind of non-serious post doesn’t have pictures?!)
However, I’d say it’s about time for my monthly post of random updates…
- We went camping this past weekend with my parents and Mysteridge. Goodness gracious, I love my family and I love camping. Best three days all month, hands down, even though it’s only August 13th. And I found a tick-like creature in my scalp yesterday and it took us four hours to get home on Sunday.
- Loved this article about getting married young. So much of it resonates, as we got married (7 months ago) when I was 21 and D was 23.
- It has rained almost everyday for the past 3 weeks. Now that is my kind of summer!
- So in love with this song.
- My computer is still out of commission. Just in case you thought I wouldn’t give some sort of wild and crazy announcement in caps lock when it was fixed.
- Even though I’ve been to Denver a bajillion times, I’m still tempted to buy this Groupon for a SEGWAY tour.
- Before she moved, my sweet Emily told me about this Facebook page for moms in the Colorado Springs area to buy and sell things (furniture, clothes, etc.). Well, don’t freak out because you think this is how I’m announcing my pregnancy, because it’s NOT (and I’m NOT with child), but nevertheless, this site has changed my life. In other words, I am now the proud owner of a polka dotted skirt. And it cost me $3. Plus like 4 brand new things from J.Crew for $9. As if I didn’t already love you, Em…now I can be cute like you, too.
- Back when I was an omnivore, I didn’t like sloppy joe’s. However, I picked up a box of (vegan) sloppy joe mix at Natural Grocer’s last and y’all: this stuff is the best. I could eat it everyday.
- Remember when I mentioned that I came back from our camping trip with a bug under my skin and I have two strange, itchy bumps still on my neck? Well, today I called a doctor’s office and told them what was up and asked for an appointment, the receptionist said, “Eww! I would be SO freaking out if that happened to me. Ugh!” I asked (again) if I could come in and get it checked out. She said sometime in the middle of next week would work well. Umm…next week?! For all we know, I could be harboring a horde of bug eggs under my skin right now, and you want me to wait until next week to get it checked out? That being said, if you have any ideas on how I should deal with this situation, I’m all ears.
- I’ve been reading China in the 21st Century: What Everyone Needs to Know and boy, am I getting the bug again. Especially when I saw that Groupon is offering this deal (not that I would actually go to China on a Groupon, but it was tempting since I have always paid more than that for airfare alone).
- We found 90’s Trivial Pursuit at Goodwill for $2.50. Obviously we bought it. And obviously I will know just as many answers as usual (none) because I was between the ages of 0 and 9 in the 90’s. But having this game makes Danny happy, so I am too.
- This article, referred to me by my sweet sis-in-law, is excellent. All of the questions listed are ones I should be asking myself often. For reals.
- Can we all agree that it is high time Kate Middleton makes a public appearance? It has been three weeks since she had that child and some new pictures are in order, if you ask me.
- I just really love Valentina Glidden and kind of wish we could be friends.
As far as I know, those are the most significant things going on in my life right now. Thanks for reading!